Internet Storm Center / DShield Tech Tuesday
To get started please:
- Visit https://isc.sans.edu and setup an account.
- Download and install Raspbian Pi OS (Lite) on a Raspberry Pi. https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspberry-pi-os/. OR
- Download and install Ubuntu 20.04 Server in a Virtual Machine https://ubuntu.com/download/server
To participate in configuring a honeypot, you will need an ISC/DShield API Key:
- log in, or setup a new account at https://isc.sans.edu or https://dshield.org .
- retrieve your API key at https://isc.sans.edu/myaccount.html .
- copy / paste the API key to a file for later use during the honeypot install.
The pre-install steps will install dependencies and speed up later steps.
We are using the "SANS Workshop" slack workspace for help.
- Install Git (should only be needed on Raspberry Pi OS):
sudo apt install -y git
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/DShield-ISC/dshield.git
- Run the "Preinstall" script:
cd dshield/bin sudo ./prep.sh
Please join the class again once prep.sh is running. You do not have to wait for it to finish. Let us know via the poll in the SANS Workshop Slack workspace.